Last modified: Sept 05, 2017
Plate Recon, LLC d/b/a Plate Locate (“Plate Locate”) values its users' privacy and understands the importance of transparency in
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- How your information is secured.
- How to contact us.
Information We Collect
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us,
although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services.
“Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address
- your Plate Locate user ID and password
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, we will:
- not sell, rent or lease your information to a third party;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
We will not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, and with your direct authorization;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service; and
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Plate Locate, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Plate Locate collects personal information for the sole purpose of providing the services that you request. Personal and company names, email addresses, and phone numbers
are used to contact you in order to provide service. Personal information is never given to third parties without your consent.
Plate Locate uses "cookies" to store personal data on your computer. This information is stored on your computer to improve your experience while browsing our website.
The information is accessible only by our web servers, and not by other websites that you may visit. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed,
you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our website.
Plate Locate takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Our servers reside in a
data center with multi-layer security control procedures to prevent physical access from unauthorized parties. All website data is protected using an industry standard secure socket layer (SSL)
certificate authority to ensure the identity of our website and to encrypt data being transmitted both directions. Industry standard firewall, anti-virus, and anti-spyware software is used on all servers
and workstations. All access to confidential information is logged with user information, dates & times. Logs are reviewed on a regular basis to ensure no breach has occurred.
Subscription services are managed through Zoho.com
, and payment processing via Authorize.net
. Plate Locate does not store or access credit card billing information. Please review
the respective privacy policies for Zoho.com
for additional information.
License Plate Recognition ("LPR") data collection is subject to certain security rules and restrictions based on the governing jurisdiction where business is conducted.
In the state of California, legislation requires agencies to provide information on the collection, usage, and handling of LPR data. Additional details are available upon request where required by law.
- Authorized Purposes of Use
- LPR data collected by Plate Locate (custodian of the LPR system, and party responsible for implementing these terms) is only released for specific permissible purposes to authorized parties.
- For Plate Locate users, the primary permissible use is to locate/recover vehicles that are securitized collateral under installment loans, lease contracts, or rental agreements. The only other permissible uses are: aiding law enforcement or other governmental agencies in a legal capacity, locating or recovering stolen vehicles, and assisting in an insurance claim investigation.
- In conjunction with the terms of this policy, law enforcement and government agencies may have additional legal requirements, as implemented within their departments, based on their jurisdiction.
- Plate Locate does not make LPR data available to individuals for personal, non-commercial purposes.
- User Authorization
- Plate Locate staff, and independent contractors affiliated with the company, must undergo training in the authorized collection and handling of LPR data.
- Plate Locate requires users of LPR data to represent that they are using the LPR data for a permissible purpose.
- Additional details on training programs and requirements is available upon request.
- System Security and Monitoring
- LPR data is stored in secure datacenters which have undergone rigorous security compliance testing, meeting industry standards.
- All data transmissions are encrypted.
- Each time LPR data is accessed, information regarding the access is logged, and logs are reviewed to ensure policy compliance. At minimum, the following items are logged:
- User who accessed the data
- Date and time of the access
- IP address of the user accessing the data
- Permissible purpose of the data access
- Type of information accessed such as photo or time of scan
- Restricted Disclosure of LPR Data
- In the course of business, Plate Locate may share, sell, or transfer LPR data to other authorized entities.
- Entities with whom LPR data is shared are required to provide a permissible purpose as described in section I and adhere to the training and other requirements of Section II.
- Agents affiliated with Plate Locate are regularly reviewed for compliance.
- Data Accuracy
- LPR images are collected via automated camera systems which convert a photo of a license plate into a text representation.
- There are unusual instances when a license plate is misinterpreted by the software system. Plate Locate has a manual review process to make corrections as required. Entities using the LPR data are also provided plate images to verify the accuracy before relying on its use.
- Storage Retention Time
- LPR data is generally retained for 24 months before it is archived for statistical purposes or permanently deleted.
- Stored data is periodically reviewed for its usefulness, and removed from the system as required during regular system maintenance.
- Variance in the retention time may occur:
- To meet legal requirements in the jurisdiction where it is collected or used.
- When specific LPR data is known to retain value related to a permissible use stated in section I.b.
contact form on this website.